Shadow Robot Company have made big improvements in the control and sensing of;
1. Shadow Dexterous Hand, including features such as:
• EtherCAT bus which communicates at 100x speed of CAN bus, allowing for higher quality control and sensing feedback.
• ROS Control Interface for the hand allows for ease of interfacing with a wide range of other software packages and hardware platforms.
• Syntouch BioTac finger tip sensor option gives multi-location sensitive touch and temperature sensing, capable of discriminating between surfaces by texture.
• Sunrise finger tip sensor option gives 6-axis torque sensing.
A new approach to grasping and manipulation, using three over-actuated three fingers featuring:
• 12 DOF
• 16 actuators
• Light, dexterous and economical approach to grasping.
• Proven technologies with full linkage to ROS control
This new system was developed especially for research in robotics as part of our Stiff-Flop FP7 project. Allows you to get your research project up and running faster, with features including:
• Open source
• Works straight out of the box
• High speed communications provided using EtherCAT
• Full ROS integration
3. Shadow At IROS 2012:
Shadow will be exhibiting at this year’s IROS, held in Vila Moura, Algarve, Portugal from 7-12th October 2012. The theme of the conference is “Robotics for quality of life and sustainable development”.
For more details, you can visit the website: http://www.shadowrobot.com